After a long, hot summer many people look forward to the cooler fall weather. But when the seasons change there are always things you need to do to protect your home. Below is a Fall Maintenance Checklist to help you:
- Stow your mower and other yard equipment. Be sure to clean it first!
- Inspect your roof! Look for warning signs: Shingles that are buckled, cracked or missing. These must be replaced immediately to prevent further damage to your home.
- Clean your gutters.
- Store your hoses and turn off the outdoor water.
- Check and repair caulking around doors and windows that show signs of deterioration.
- Inspect your smoke detectors.
- Direct drainage away from your house
- Get your furnace serviced
- Check your fireplace – look up the chimney for blockages and make sure that the damper is working